Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You've Got Mail

I got a package from the boy. I wasn't sure if it would come or not after everything that wasn't. I opened my mail and saw the package tag there. I had a big intake of breath then went to claim my parcel. I said thank you and tucked it under my arm before heading back to the car.


Once in the car I panicked. I was all 'Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit' and the only thing I knew was that I had to be with a friend when I opened it. I was clutched by fear in regards to what may or may not have been inside.

So off to a friend's place. She knew about the possibility of the package so recognized right away what I had with me. As I began opening it she commented 'Your hands are shaking'. I looked at them and they were trembling like leaves (and they really were just expressing what was going on inside of me). All the expected things were inside as well as 4 unexpected things. Of the 4 one was a note and it was one had I hoped would be inside. It's not that it said anything much but more the fact that he bothered to try and be nice. It actually felt like his words were tinged with sadness. Whether or not they were I cannot say for sure because I am not 'there' (by which I mean I am not completely objective).

I don't get all of this reactionary stuff, shouldn't it be done, and especially the fact I cannot seem to control it. How did this happen to me? It is an odd place to be in.

Nothing like dragging things out as well.
Moving on....still.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was in the box dare I ask?

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's cool. Seems to me that the place you're in is quite... "normal". Enjoy it.

j said...

kow- I bought something from the place he works at but had to wait for it to come.

He also included a few things I forgot and a treat along with the note.

wdky- Thanks for telling me it's normal...it's so new to me that I don't really know what is normal and what is completely neurotic!