Tuesday, February 14, 2006


I have no love lost for this day. All my Valentines come from kids every year. It's sweet but really I'd like a grown up one for once.

Instead I find that I monitor what I do on this day. Any other day and I'd go to a matinee, out for tea or whatever caught me but not on VD. Suddenly your all by yourselfness seems to come with a flashing neon arrow. It is completely illogical and irrational but never the less I stay home.

My best Valentines day? The year I decided to rent the first season of Sex and the City, buy myself some wine (Gewurztraminer)and snacks, and curl up on the couch in my pj's. I laughed my head off and forgot to feel sorry for myself. Plus I made four new friends in Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda and went on to convert a number of friends to the show as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grown up. Happy Valentine's Day, J xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)