Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm back.
So, you'd think a vacation would be refreshing (other people's seem to be).


Mine?
Well my brain decided to work overtime and I did a lot of thinking about work, friends, family etc. Unfortunately it included some rehashing of the past in the form of would have, should have, could have and in the end that thinking doesn't get me anywhere...other than crazy.

I need to change...something.
I need to figure out what that something is.

I want some satisfaction yet I do not seem to find it in anything.
I have noticed how many of the things that I do are because I should and not necessarily because I want to . It is that they are the right thing to do (and in the long run some of them have to be done for now...bills and such).

I wonder if I will ever be one of the happy people? Or am I too realistic for that? Life holds no promise except that we all eventually die in the end.

I'm just a regular bucket of cheer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me you already know a lot of the answers...

Glad you're back safely, J x

Anonymous said...

We all have moments of doubt...however, you seem like a together person to me.

Hugs x

Anonymous said...

I had a similar trip last spring. Hence the reason why this Friday is the last day I'm working here so that I can finish up my degree.

Listen we're only here a short while. Why not try and get the most out of it while we can instead of being unhappy. It doesn't make any sense to me to be sad or down most of the time. Just the fact that I'm breathing should give me enough of a purpose to get up and experience something new each day.

Thinking too much just robs you of time that you could have been doing something new or something you love.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys.