Thursday, April 13, 2006

New guy and I had a conflict over a mutual friend. It turned out that they'd spent some time together in a more than friendly way. My thought was that it was while she was broken up with her boyfriend. It wasn't.

I don't know all the in's and out's of the story, though I have reserved the right to question him more on it at a later date, but he began pursuing her while she and her boyfriend were living together (actually they still are).

He believed he'd mentioned this information to me before and as he had not he offered me anything I wanted to know, just ask. I had a few questions but I have not asked all that I am wondering about. I think that will come but I just need to step back and ponder for a bit.

I've seen the effects of cheating in other friends live's. It is ugly and messy. My thinking is people need to take responsibilty for their unhappiness and deal with it head on and not cop out by cheating. As well, when I know someone is taken, I cannot and will not go there. I will not be the relationship breaker. I couldn't live with that. New guy said he'd thought the same up until this point.

I have never been in that position. I have never experienced that. I sound somewhat judgemental in my own head. Maybe I have a very sheltered and hopeful outlook? Maybe I am naive?

I'll have more questions.

No comments: