Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Every older virgin has a unique story," Johnston explains. "They run the gamut from terrible shyness to emotionally barren families to sexual abuse. But all older virgins feel terrible shame. They feel embarrassed and humiliated by their lack of relationship experience." Age 30 seems to be a line of demarcation. "By 30," Blanchard explains, "older virgins feel so socially awkward and out of sync with the world around them that they choose to hide." (found here)

That's quite the statement.
Shame about being a virgin? Not so much.
Embarrassed? Some.
Humiliated? Not so much.

Awkward is the best word yet I can't say that I'm hiding away. I may choose to not share my (non) sexual history with everyone but does anybody always share? As far as having relationships? I may not have had the serious guy-girl type in my past but I have many friends of both sexes, some for 20+ years.

When going through the relational things with PJ I find myself feeling like a teenager due to my lack of experience. It is like I have to squeeze in everything to get to a more age appropriate reaction. At least that is how I see it. Maybe a lot of people are kooky in the head when it comes to this stuff. Maybe everyone thinks and analyzes and wonders where it is all going. Maybe everyone gets goofy.

Likely it's just me.
Oooh my brain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... some interesting things there, but of course everyone's story, and response to their "situation", is their own.

I would suggest that what you might want to think about is some red-hot sex with, say, an Englishman ;-)

Anonymous said...

Accents leave me weak in the knees!
Mmm, accents...